The COVID-19 situation is evolving quickly and new guidance is coming out frequently. This blog was posted on March 19, 2020.
Key takeaways for our patients:
- We are always here for you, right now this is more by phone than other means.
- Always call first. You should’t walk in to any practice (or other doctors’ offices, urgent clinics, etc.) without calling first due to risk of COVID-19 (coronavirus) spread.
- We will get through this together. Stay well.
Our goal at Iora Primary Care is to provide our patients with the best possible care, and in light of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, we want to keep our patients safe and minimize their risk of exposure to the virus. One way to do this is to provide great care by phone instead of having patients come to our practices.
Starting this week, Iora Primary Care will be serving as many patients as possible with telephone or, in some cases, video appointments rather than in person. While we may change how we meet and where some of our in person visits might occur, we are always available to patients 24×7. There is so much we can do to help patients by phone which will allow them to stay safe at home. We ask that all of our patients call us first, whether they have a question, need care, advice, etc.
- As always, our care teams are available to our patients to address questions and concerns.
- At this time, routine follow-up needs and medication refills can be addressed by phone or, in some cases, video, not in person.
- Initial assessment of all urgent needs will be done by Iora doctors and nurses via phone.
We will get through this together. Stay well.
How can I stay up-to-date about the evolving COVID-19 situation?