Quarantine Resources for Seniors
March 30, 2020 | COVID-19 Resources
Let’s think positively! If we look at the current situation with a glass half full lens, there are more fun and free resources for seniors available online than ever before. Here’s Iora Primary Care’s list to keep informed, relaxed and your brain active during your time at home. Keeping busy during quarantine just got easier!
- Visit Coronavirus.gov to keep up with the CDC’s latest updates on COVID-19.
- Medicare & Coronavirus: Stay up-to-date with the latest online resources for seniors from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Check your local library’s website for downloadable audiobooks and more.
- Meditate! Ten Percent Happier is doing a daily meditation at 3pm EST. Or download the Insight Timer app on your phone for lots of free meditations for relaxation or sleep, music and talks.
- Listen to live music. A great way for both keeping busy during quarantine, and getting some dance steps in while you’re at it! National Public Radio has compiled a list of virtual concerts to listen to or watch.
- Watch a show or movie with your friends and family on Netflix Party without having to leave your house.
- Refine your cooking skills and watch free cooking classes on the Food Network App.
- Check out SilverSneakers’ Youtube Channel for some at-home exercise for seniors.
- How to set up video calls to chat with your friends and family.
- Watch live camera feeds from the San Diego Zoo.
- Visit a museum virtually from the comfort of your couch.
- Think about what matters: Watch inspiring films on Schaalman Senior Voices Film Library that aim to strengthen the well-being of older adults and their communities.